We’re so excited to begin this 21 day journey of fasting and prayer with you! In the days leading up to Conference, we are believing for God to move in such a way of increase and we can’t wait to see what He is going to do. We love you church, and cannot wait to hear all the stories of breakthrough and miracles!
Fasting is a natural discipline that can bring supernatural results. The Bible is filled with more than 70 references to fasting.
We are fasting as a community because we believe that in order to go higher, we must go deeper. We can gather from scripture that fasting is a spiritual discipline meant for God’s people to experience breakthrough. When we fast, God provides Kingdom revelation and understanding (Daniel 1:12) as well as power in the unity of His people (Esther 4:16).
We also believe fasting is the ultimate surrender by denying your flesh and a fast track to breakthrough. Fasting gives us the power to say, “No” because it teaches us to put our flesh in submission. Fasting is not a matter of can or cannot, but will or will not. We see this most clearly in the life of Jesus. The reason Jesus had full authority is because He took full authority.
Denying our flesh causes the spirit realm to shift on our behalf so breakthrough can take place.
Finally, fasting makes God our only option. In making our flesh weak, we have to rely on Him as our source of strength.
DANIEL FAST: WHAT TO EAT
- Water only — purified/filtered; spring or distilled water is best
- Almond milk, coconut water, coconut kefir & vegetable juice
Vegetables (should form the basis of the diet)
- Fresh or cooked
- May be frozen and cooked but not canned
Fruits (consume in moderation 1–3 servings daily)
- Fresh and cooked
- Ideally low glycemic index fruits like stone fruits, apples, berries, cherries and citrus fruits
- May be dried but should not contain sulfites, oils or sweeteners
- May be frozen but not canned
Whole grains (consume in moderation and ideally sprouted)
- Brown rice, oats quinoa, millet, amaranth, buckwheat, barley
Beans & Legumes (consume in moderation)
- Dried and cooked in water
- May be consumed from can as long as no salt or other additives are contained and the only ingredients are beans and water
Nuts & Seeds (sprouted are best)
- Raw, sprouted or dry roasted with no salt added
We will be fasting for 21 days in the lead up to TBCO Conference!
START DATE: Wednesday, August 22nd, 2018.
END DATE: Tuesday, September 11th, 2018.
Please remember that every person is different and you should only choose what is a healthy and safe choice for your body. If you are pregnant or have a diagnosed medical condition, please consult your doctor before fasting.
To help and encourage you, we will be posting devotionals for each day to our Instagram, follow along below:
DANIEL FAST: WHAT NOT TO EAT
- Coffee, tea, carbonated beverages, energy drinks and alcohol
Meat and Animal Products
- Beef, lamb, pork, poultry and fish
- Milk, cheese, cream, butter and eggs
- Sugar, raw sugar, honey, syrups, molasses and cane juice
- Breads, pasta, crackers, cookies, pastries and baked goods
Refined & Processed Food Products
- Iodized salt, artificial flavorings, food additives, chemicals, white rice, white flour, and foods that contain artificial preservatives (mints, gum and candy)
Deed Fried Foods
- Potato chips, french fries and corn chips
- Oils, margarine, lard and fatty foods